These gentle, straightforward selfmade baked oatmeal Breakfast Bars are yummy, hearty, nutritious, and assured to maintain you powered for hours. They’re filling, kid-friendly, and filled with scrumptious substances like peanut butter, banana, and honey.
Why You’ll Love These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Go-To Recipe. These breakfast bars with oats are one of many very first recipes I ever posted on my web site. Since then, a lot of you will have instructed me how these bars (together with Wholesome Oatmeal Cookies) have change into a weekly staple in your properties (and your youngsters love them too!).
- Wholesome and Hearty. Neglect the cereal bars from the shop! Similar to my Wholesome Granola Bars and Peanut Butter Protein Bars, these straightforward wholesome oatmeal bars will assist preserve you full. With protein, fiber, and wholesome fat, they fulfill for hours.
- Cozy Goodness. This soft-baked oatmeal breakfast bar recipe combines the three musketeers of breakfast flavors: peanut butter, banana, and oatmeal. It’s a trio that’s comforting, homey, and basic in the very best approach.
- EASY! This recipe is a one-bowl marvel and is so fast and straightforward, your littlest bakers can assist.
That is a kind of recipes you’ll flip to persistently, and it’ll by no means allow you to down!
5 Star Assessment
“I made these bars for breakfast on daily basis final 12 months!! They’re superb: preserve me full all morning, flippantly candy.”
— Daybreak —
Make Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Outdated Usual Oats. Makes these breakfast bars healthful, filling, and barely chewy. For greatest outcomes, don’t swap for immediate oats as this may influence the general texture of the bars.
- Complete Wheat Flour. I’ll at all times take any alternative to sneak in some complete grains right into a recipe.
- Cinnamon. Heat, earthy cinnamon pairs completely with nutty oats, and creamy dreamy peanut butter.
- Banana. Provides moisture and naturally sweetens the bars (identical to in Wholesome Banana Bread).
- Honey. Helps bind the substances collectively, provides sweetness, and helps the bars caramelize and switch golden within the oven.
- Peanut Butter. Provides these oatmeal bars a delicate peanut butter taste. Almond butter, sunflower seed butter (a nut-free choice), or cashew butter may be used.
- Applesauce. One other all-natural sweetener for these wholesome oat bars that provides moisture and helps bind every thing collectively. (It does the identical factor for these Applesauce Muffins.)
- Milk. Helps carry every thing collectively right into a cohesive batter.
- Baking Powder. Provides these bars a delicate rise and soft-baked texture.
- Egg. Retains these bars gentle and tender.
- Vanilla. Only a kiss of pure vanilla extract to make the bars style beautiful.
- Mix the Dry Substances. Don’t neglect to preheat your oven.
- Stir the Moist Substances Collectively. Be sure this bowl is large enough for each the moist and dry substances.
- Add the Dry Substances to the Moist. Stir to mix.
- Fold within the Banana. Pour the batter into your baking pan.
- Bake the Bars. Bake breakfast bars at 375 levels F for 35 minutes. Minimize into bars. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. As soon as cooled, bars could be wrapped individually in plastic and stored within the fridge for five days.
- To Reheat. You’ll be able to gently heat the bars within the microwave when you’d like.
- To Freeze. Freeze the bars in a freezer-safe ziptop bag for as much as 4 months. Let thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than serving.
Crumble leftover bars over a bowl of Greek yogurt for a tasty spin on granola.
What to Serve with These Straightforward Breakfast Bars
Typically a breakfast bar is sufficient for breakfast, and different days you want extra! Listed here are some concepts of what pairs effectively with these bars:
- Baking Pan. Excellent for making these soft-baked oatmeal breakfast bars.
- Measuring Cup. Doubles as a mixing bowl so you will have fewer dishes to scrub.
- Mixing Bowls. This set has a dimension for the moist and dry substances.
Recipe Suggestions and Tips
- Swap as You Please. Not a fan of bananas? Swap them for different contemporary or dried fruit. Blueberries are an exquisite substitution and raisins or dried cranberries are one other nice choice. No complete wheat flour available? You’ll be able to swap it for an equal quantity of all-purpose flour.
- Use the Proper Oats. Please don’t use fast oats or prompt oats for this recipe, as the feel of the bars could also be negatively impacted. Old style oats make sure the bars keep collectively and have the perfect texture.
- Costume Them Up. Whereas these oatmeal bars are superb on their very own, my favourite technique to eat them is warmed up for breakfast with further sliced bananas and peanut butter. You can additionally add chocolate chips, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or another toppings you take pleasure in.
Place rack within the heart preheat oven to 375°F. Calmly coat an 8×8 inch sq. pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, stir collectively the oats, complete wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate massive bowl, mix the milk, applesauce, egg, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla.
Pour the dry substances into the moist combination and stir to mix. The batter shall be very moist.
Fold within the diced banana, then pour into the ready baking pan.
Bake for 35 minutes or till thickened and golden and a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear. Cool, lower into bars, and serve.
- TO STORE: As soon as cooled, bars could be wrapped individually in plastic and stored within the fridge for five days.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze the bars in a freezer-safe ziptop bag for as much as 4 months. Let thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than serving.
- BIGGER BATCH: Chances are you’ll enhance the ingredient portions by 1.5 and bake in a 9×13 inch pan for 25-Half-hour to yield extra bars.
Serving: 1(of 8)Energy: 224kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 8gFats: 5gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 23mgPotassium: 349mgFiber: 5gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 133IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 104mgIron: 2mg
Be part of at this time and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.
Regularly Requested Questions
No. This recipe, as it’s written, is just not gluten free. If you need to make a gluten free oatmeal breakfast bar, readers have reported success swapping the entire wheat flour for an equal quantity of oat flour or almond flour. Be suggested that the feel of the bars could end up barely totally different nonetheless utilizing one in all these swaps. Be sure to’re utilizing gluten-free oats too.
To be sincere, omitting the applesauce isn’t one thing I like to recommend. The applesauce each binds and moistens the bars so it’s an necessary ingredient! The closest factor I can recommend (and readers have reported success with) is pumpkin puree, although it’ll have an effect on the flavour. One other concept is to strive changing it with half oil and half yogurt, although I haven’t tried it this manner, so it will be an experiment.
Probably. I’ve not tried making these oat bars vegan so it will be an experiment. I’d recommend swapping the honey for maple syrup and the milk on your favourite non-dairy milk of selection. As for the egg, you would strive swapping it for a flax egg.
Sure! Breakfast bars are a good suggestion for a crowd. You’ll be able to enhance the ingredient portions by 1.5 and bake the bars in a 9×13-inch pan for 25-Half-hour to yield extra bars.