Chocolate chip shortbread cookies are so wealthy and buttery – they soften in your mouth!
This straightforward, one-bowl recipe makes a basic shortbread cookie recipe with the addition of mini chocolate chips. They’re candy and irresistible.
These cookies are excellent for dipping, dunking, and sharing!
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
That is an outdated household recipe from my buddy Toni and we’ve turned them into a simple slice-and-bake cookie. These undoubtedly prime our all time favourite cookies listing!
- The shortbread cookie is wealthy with a buttery taste.
- This recipe makes use of easy on a regular basis elements you doubtless have available.
- They are often dipped in chocolate, or the additions might be modified, something goes!
- Chocolate chip shortbread cookie dough freezes superbly! Simply double up the batch and freeze a log till able to slice and bake!
Elements for Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Butter – Use unsalted butter for one of the best outcomes. Butter to the flavour and texture, substitutions will not be really useful.
Flour – Cake or pastry flour is really useful for a light-weight, melt-in-your-mouth texture. See recipe notes for a substitution.
Powdered Sugar – Powdered sugar is simpler to include than granulated sugar and has a greater texture.
Add-Ins and Variations
- Shortbread cookies are excellent for including festive elements like chopped dried cranberries, dried cherries, or lemon zest.
- Combine it up with completely different chips comparable to white chocolate, peanut butter, or butterscotch. Add finely chopped almonds, walnuts, pistachios, and even macadamia nuts.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and prime with colourful sprinkles!
Learn how to Make Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- Stir flour and mini chocolate chips collectively in a small bowl (this helps maintain the chocolate chips properly distributed).
- Whip butter till it’s clean. Add the remaining elements, together with the flour, per the recipe beneath.
- Form the dough right into a log and chill for an hour (this helps the cookies maintain their form).
- Slice and bake till the perimeters are simply frivolously browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Holding Cookies Recent
- Similar to icebox cookies, and sugar cookies, chocolate chip shortbread cookie dough can keep within the fridge for as much as 3 days till able to bake.
- Preserve chocolate chip shortbread cookies in a lined container at room temperature for as much as 10 days.
- Add a slice of bread to soak up any moisture which may happen with temperature modifications.
- Freeze uncooked or baked cookies in a zippered bag for as much as 3 months.
Extra Chocolate Chip Faves
Chocolate chips are the proper addition to virtually any cookie recipe.
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Candy and decadent, these chocolate chip shortbread cookies will hit all the correct notes!
In a small bowl, combine flour and chocolate chips.
In a big bowl, use an electrical mixer to cream butter the till clean. Step by step add in powdered sugar, beating till the combination is fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
Add water, vanilla, and salt till properly mixed. Utilizing a wood spoon, regularly combine in flour and chocolate chips.
Form the dough right into a 1½-inch diameter log, about 1 foot lengthy, and roll in parchment paper. Chill for 1 hour or as much as 4 days.
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Take away from the fridge and take away from the parchment paper.
Slice the dough into ½-inch thick slices and place them 1-inch aside on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake till edges are very frivolously browned, 18-22 minutes
Switch to a wire rack to chill utterly.
- For greatest outcomes, use unsalted butter.
- To make sure even slicing, chill the dough. The dough might be chilled for a number of days or frozen for later.
- Experiment with several types of chocolate chips or add nuts for a crunchy twist!
These cookies will maintain at room temperature for as much as 10 days. The uncooked cookie dough or cooked cookies will maintain within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Energy: 164 | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 217IU | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.