This Smoked Rooster Breast is so tender and juicy, with a smoky taste that’s not possible to withstand. Greatest hen ever? It simply could be! Right here’s learn how to smoke hen breast on any fashion of smoker that may make you are feeling like a pit grasp.
Whenever you get a smoker, you simply wish to smoke all of the issues.
We began with this succulent Smoked Salmon, and now that I’ve seen how straightforward and the way spectacular smoking favourite proteins might be, I’m fixing to fireplace it up each change we get.
Subsequent up: smoked hen breast.
Now, I’ve plenty of methods to make boneless, skinless hen breasts style scrumptious, from Pan Fried Rooster Breast to Grilled Rooster Breast, however everyone knows that on their very own, with none of these particular methods, they could be a little bit bland.
That’s why boneless hen breasts are the proper candidate for the smoking therapy!
What Makes This the Greatest Smoked Rooster Breast
No bland hen right here!
Smoking infuses meals with a lot taste, nevertheless it’s not simply the smokiness that makes this smoked hen breast recipe so good.
Listed below are some extra causes you’ll adore it.
- It’s Completely Seasoned. Whereas some cuts of meats are flavorful sufficient that they don’t actually need something aside from salt and time within the smoker, boneless, skinless hen breasts want some oomph, and my dry rub recipe brings it.
- It’s Juicy. Boneless hen breasts tend to dry out, however cooking low and gradual in a smoker ensures that your hen is tender and moist (and all of us love moist hen!).
- It’s Straightforward. This can be a good beginning recipe when you’re new to utilizing a smoker. In actual fact, when you observe these steps, smoked hen breast is a no-fail dish.
Easy methods to Make Smoked Rooster
You should utilize this smoked hen breast recipe on any fashion of smoker—charcoal people who smoke (Weber, Huge Inexperienced Egg), pellet people who smoke (Traeger), and electrical people who smoke all work right here.
Prepared? Let’s speak about learn how to smoke hen breast in a smoker!
Whereas the smoker preheats, collect your substances, combine the dry rub, and prep the hen.
- Boneless Skinless Rooster Breasts. You’ll wish to ensure they’re all roughly the identical measurement and thickness in order that they end cooking on the identical time.
- Additional-Virgin Olive Oil. To assist the rub to stay to the hen.
- Unsalted Butter. That is optionally available, however extremely really helpful. It is going to assist maintain your hen tender.
- Gas. Charcoal, pellets, or no matter you utilize in your smoker.
- Wooden Chips or Chunks. These are optionally available too, but additionally really helpful. I like to make use of pecan, apple, cherry, or oak. Hickory and mesquite are just a little too robust for hen.
- Canola Oil. Simply to maintain the hen from sticking to the smoker.
- Rooster Breast Rub. Mild brown sugar, kosher salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, floor black pepper, celery salt, and cayenne pepper.
1. Put together the hen by drying it and brushing it with olive oil.
2. Combine the dry rub substances in a small bowl.
3. Rub the seasoning everywhere in the hen breasts. Preheat the smoker to 225 levels F, then brush it with canola oil.
- Place the hen breasts within the smoker. Should you’re utilizing the butter, baste the hen when it reaches 140–150 levels F. Proceed to cook dinner till the hen reaches 160 levels F.
- Take away the hen, then tent it with foil for five minutes to relaxation earlier than slicing. ENJOY!
Ideas for the Greatest Smoked Rooster
- Use high-quality wooden and charcoal. For the charcoal, we like hardwood lump charcoal (resembling FOGO). Select a light wooden or fruit wooden, like alder, oak, or apple for smoked hen recipes.
- Dry the hen properly. Use paper towels to blot away any moisture; this can assist the dry rub adhere.
- Go by temperature, not time. You might be questioning how lengthy to smoke hen breasts at 225 levels F, however the instances listed on this recipe are a tough estimate. That is how it’s with smoking. For excellent smoked hen breasts, an instant-read thermometer is your finest information. To examine the temperature, insert the probe into the thickest a part of the hen breast. It’s carried out when the inner temperature reaches 160 levels F; the temperature will proceed to rise to 165 levels F because the hen rests.
- Be affected person. Don’t rush the smoking, and don’t rush the resting time both—the 5 minutes of relaxation will be sure that the hen is juicy and flavorful while you minimize into it.
- To Retailer. Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- To Reheat. Loosely cowl the hen breasts with foil and reheat in a 350 diploma F oven till warmed by means of, or heat fastidiously within the microwave.
- To Freeze. You may freeze cooked smoked hen breasts for as much as 2 months. Wrap them tightly and place them in an hermetic container or freezer bag earlier than freezing. Thaw the smoked hen breasts in a single day within the fridge.
Meal Prep Tip
Smoked hen breasts are wonderful for meal prep, and in case you are smoking hen, you would possibly as properly make a bunch. Slice them up and add them to salads for lunches, tuck them into wraps, or make them into sandwiches.
What to Serve With Smoked Rooster
Should you’re in search of a hen dinner that’s actually a winner, it’s time to tug out your smoker and make these juicy smoked hen breasts!
Often Requested Questions
The important thing to moist, flavorful smoked hen is a low temperature and endurance. (That melted butter helps, too.) Boneless skinless hen breasts actually profit from an extended cooking time at a decrease temperature as a result of it retains the moisture from cooking off.
Smoking a hen at 225°F is the optimum temperature for attaining juicy, tender meat. If you’ll want to cook dinner your hen quicker, you may elevate the smoker temperature to 250°F, however your hen is extra prone to dry out.
Whereas I do wish to brine Baked Rooster Breasts, I’ve discovered there’s no must brine hen breasts earlier than smoking. Though you actually can brine your hen when you’d wish to, it’ll nonetheless be flavorful and tender with out this step.
As a result of a smoker circulates warmth (and smoke) across the hen, moderately than cooking with direct warmth like a grill, you don’t must flip hen breasts while you’re smoking them.
For Smoking the Rooster:
- 3 to three 1/2 kilos boneless skinless hen breasts about 6 medium breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted (optionally available however VERY good)
- Charcoal pellets, or no matter fuels your smoker
- Wooden chips or chunks optionally available for smoking, resembling pecan, apple, or oak
- Canola oil for brushing the smoker
For the Rooster Breast Rub*:
Take away the hen from the fridge. Pat very dry with paper towels. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet (or related floor so as to simply carry it out to the smoker). Brush either side with the olive oil.
In a small bowl stir collectively the rub: brown sugar, kosher salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, celery salt, and cayenne.
Sprinkle the hen liberally throughout with the dry rub. Let stand at room temperature whilst you put together the smoker.
Warmth your smoker to 225ºF—if utilizing a charcoal smoker, your fireplace doesn’t have to be very giant. Previous to lighting, add the wooden, mixing it with the charcoal. It’s OK in case your smoker will get a bit hotter than 225; simply be aware that the hen will cook dinner extra rapidly.
Brush the smoker with the canola oil as an insurance coverage coverage towards sticking. Add the hen breasts and smoke till they attain 160ºF on an instantaneous learn thermometer inserted on the thickest half, 45 minutes to 1 hour relying upon the dimensions of your breasts, your smoker arrange, and the way a lot your smoker temperature is fluctuating—examine on the 30-minute mark to gauge your progress. All the time smoke to temperature, to not time on the clock. The carryover cooking will trigger the hen breast to rise to 165ºF because it rests.
If utilizing butter, soften it in a small bowl. As soon as the hen reaches 140 to 150ºF (about 30 or so minutes in), baste the hen everywhere in the high with the butter to make it further succulent and delish, then proceed smoking till the hen breast reaches 160ºF, about quarter-hour extra.
Take away the hen from the smoker. Tent with foil and let relaxation 5 minutes. Slice and luxuriate in.
- TO STORE: Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- TO REHEAT: Loosely cowl the hen breasts with foil and reheat in a 350 diploma F oven till warmed by means of.
- TO FREEZE: You may freeze cooked smoked hen breasts for as much as 2 months. Wrap them tightly and place them in an hermetic container or freezer bag earlier than freezing. Thaw the smoked hen breasts in a single day within the fridge.
Serving: 1 (of 6)Energy: 409kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 57gFats: 17gSaturated Fats: 6gPolyunsaturated Fats: 2gMonounsaturated Fats: 7gTrans Fats: 0.3gLdl cholesterol: 184mgPotassium: 1022mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 584IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 24mgIron: 1mg
Be part of at the moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.
Rooster is a dinnertime multitasker! Listed below are a few of my favourite weeknight hen recipes: