This put up might include affiliate hyperlinks. Please see our privateness coverage for particulars.
An excellent simple, quick, budget-friendly one pot dinner! So hearty and so cozy with floor beef, rice and bell peppers.
In the event you love stuffed peppers, you’ll love this as a soup. It takes minimal effort and could be made in 45 min begin to end (with more often than not simmering so all of the fantastic flavors can meld collectively).
The ingredient listing can be not very lengthy, with the principle components as floor beef, onion, bell peppers, and white rice.
Is that this soup freezer-friendly? I’ll say that after some recipe testing, this soup will not freeze nicely with the rice because the rice can turn out to be mushy as soon as thawed and reheated. In the event you plan to freeze, I like to recommend freezing with out the rice, including it in previous to serving. It should make all of the distinction.
My solely ask is to serve with crusty bread, a lightweight salad, and a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese proper on prime.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound lean floor beef
- 1 medium candy onion, diced
- 1 crimson bell pepper, diced
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon crushed crimson pepper flakes
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups beef broth
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped contemporary parsley leaves
- Warmth canola oil in a big stockpot or Dutch oven over medium warmth. Add floor beef and prepare dinner till browned, about 3-5 minutes, ensuring to crumble the meat because it cooks; drain extra fats and put aside.
Add onion and bell peppers. Prepare dinner, stirring often, till tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in garlic, Italian seasoning and crimson pepper flakes till aromatic, about 1 minute.
Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth and floor beef; season with salt and pepper, to style. Convey to a boil; cut back warmth and simmer till flavors have blended, about 15-20 minutes.
Stir in rice and parsley till heated via, about 1-2 minutes.